Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Final Chapter?

The day has finally come.

Tonight at 5, the fate of EBS will be decided by  four board members, only one of which has openly supported the school.

Community members, led by Frank Holly and Jean Mosley, will finally have their final answer. Short of selling their souls, there isn't much this avid group hasn't tried. They even reached out to the law school at the University of Alabama, only to be referred to an attorney who then referred them to Ronald Jackson of Birmingham, Ala. It wasn't until last Friday that the group learned that Jackson, who they had been working with since last fall, wasn't an attorney as they had been led to believe.

Mosley has remained hopeful despite the circumstances, saying she still believes Jackson will lead them in the right path, citing his claimed 20 years of experience with dealing in education law.

As of now, those four members are they only ones who have any idea as to what the outcome will be.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
OK, now that you kind of have the newsy short of it. Let me tell you my personal take.

I have almost lost all hope.

While sweet Ms. Mosley is still putting trust and faith in this Mr. Jackson, I am wary of what he's selling. He has a website that is novice at best. It is filled with typos and broken links. I don't mean to cast judgment, I just feel as though a man with 20 years of experience, claiming to be the executive director of an organization, would have a better website set up.

I watched a 60 Minutes on fraudulent medical treatments and the snake oil salesmen of past -- I feel as though this Jackson may be the snake oil salesman of education outreach and reform.

I don't think there is much that can be done at this point. It's like we're in the 9th inning, EBS is down by two runs, there are two outs and the pitcher is coming up to bat. Short of a miracle, I am sad to say I believe the school I have grown to love so deeply will be closing its doors.

But who knows, stranger things have happened, right?

I will keep you guys posted and let you know what happens, and if you think about it say a short prayer that either way the Camp Hill community makes the best of the decision and continues to better themselves like I know they can.

No comments: