Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Four Letter Word

Yup, diet.... a word many hate, some dread and others flat out refuse to mutter. It's that nasty of a word.

I am one of those who despises this word, and let me tell you how well not liking diets works post baby.... it doesn't-- especially with swimsuit season right around the corner and a bridesmaid dress to fit in.

I am so sick of feeling blah about my body, yet I have this addiction to another four letter work: food.

There we have it, there is my problem. How am I going to get rid of what I see as my problem areas if I can't bring myself to stick to one particular diet.?

Some days I feel A-OK with my reluctance to diet, per se, because I don't necessarily think diets are always the best answer. Besides, I love the gym and have no problem getting myself to the gym and oftentimes, when the weather is nice, I'll also walk around the neighborhood later in the day.

But then there are days like today. Days where if I didn't know better, I'd sweat I were pregnant again. All I want is a little bit of this, a little bit of that, maybe a taste of those and, well, OK, a smidge of these. Get the picture?

I am not sure this battle will ever be over, but I feel like if I get this out here for all of the world to see then I will hold myself more accountable. But for now, I am going to strive to not snack so much. I am not even going to mutter that d work, because let's be honest, they never pan out as planned.

So, let's raise our glass to me telling my sweet beloved snacking goodbye and welcoming in a new healthier diet.

If that doesn't work, maybe I'll just invest in a shake weight, those things are bound to deliver the results promised....

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I started weight watchers in Jan and have lost 5.5 pounds. Love it b/c I can still eat what I want, but I have found that I'm eating healthier!