Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mission Impossible

OK, maybe not impossible, but seeing as I haven't posted in so long and have started, yet obviously not finished, four different blog posts, I am hoping to start and finish this post. It's not that life has been much more crazier than usual, but I guess I have just been focusing my attention elsewhere.

There's not too much to report from our little corner of the world. We bought a new car to replace my poor, wrongly attacked Freida.... haha, that is my way of saying from the wreck that totaled my 4 Runner.

December also included a trip to Memphis for some pre-Christmas Christmas-ing with my family. It is so neat to watch Annabelle and Caleb interact. It definitely excites me for future children-- but no time soon people, no time soon.

New Year's Eve was rather uneventful. Katie came in town and we had a fire in the backyard and just hung out.

What really capped off the holiday season was the BCS national title game on January 10. Auburn won the BCS title. Ya'll, let's just be honest, it was thing of beauty. I even went as far as to awaken sweet Caleb so he could say he witnessed the win. With two seconds left in the game, and Wes Byrum running onto the field to make the game winning field goal, Caleb was up and confused. After the game we all journeyed to Toomer's Corner with thousands of our fellow Auburn family members to celebrate. It is something I will always remember.

The rest of January was quick and rather quiet. School resumed, Daniel had soccer tryouts for his team, oh yes, and Daniel also celebrated his 26th birthday.

I am now in full internship mode, looking here, there and everywhere for the perfect internship to cap off a great college ride. My parents may beg to differ, thinking this ride has gone astray for a few detours, but hey it's not how you get there, it's just getting there, right?

I have my first interview next Friday and I ask that if you think of it that you say a little prayer. It is with the Alumni Center. I feel it would be a good match. Another avenue I wouldn't mind venturing down is the non-profit sector, so I am keeping my options open and trusting God that He knows the right place for me to be.

Well, I guess that is enough for now. We are having terrible storms and my Internet is being rather finicky.  I cannot upload photos at the moment, but will come back in and edit this later to add some photots and bring in little color to this drab mess!

2 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

Hey girl, cute blog! I came across your blog looking for other Auburn folks... WAR EAGLE!

I'm a new follower!

Katie & Daniel said...

Thanks! War Eagle!