Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Working on Me #1

I have been thinking about starting to write blogs in a series. I think the first one I am going to do is going to be about things about myself I want to change. I feel getting this stuff out on the Internet will serve as a permanent reminder for me and keep me pushing toward these changes.

I know that this could take us into years worth of blogs, so don't worry I'll limit myself to 3-5 per topic. So, let's give this a go and see where we end, shall we?

Today Brother George, our pastor, was out of town because his daughter got married last night so our music director led our service. He spoke about God's will and how figuring it out isn't about what we should do, rather it is about who we should be.

He joked about praying that prayer we all have prayed, "God what is your will? What do you want me to do?", and having a loud trumpet processional followed by the answer. But like he said, the truth is it just doesn't happen that way.

I have been struggling with this a lot lately. Graduation is around the corner and that means there are a lot of decisions to be made. For instance, I currently have three internship offers on the table and I am having to make that decision. Today's sermon put me at peace (sort of).

I still can't help but think of the big picture and what God's plans are. Regardless of what I do, I know I will be moving in about a year and a half when Daniel finishes his doctorate. I have my dreams of where I'd love to end up, but what are God's plans?

I also know that I shouldn't worry, because God is bigger than any stepping stone that may come, but I am, by nature a worrier. It is just something I have always dealt with and am trying to curb-- I really don't want Caleb and future little ones to catch on to this and make it a part of who they are as well.

So, with all of that being said, now I worry where to even start figuring out how to calm the worrying. JK, it's not that bad. But how do you help relieve worry and stress?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Last year I started having anxiety attacks due to stress and worry. I found an amazing book that helped me and I haven't had any attacks since! It's called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver. It's great! I definitely recommend it!