Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Helpful Husband

Daniel and his mini me. Love these boys!
Today, I am going to get a little sappy on you.

Today's topic I am thankful for is my husband.
Seriously, I know that Daniel and I have been together for nearly 9 years, but I have never loved him as much as I have these past 4 months since Caleb was born, and I thought I loved him all that I could love anyone before the little dude was born.
Daniel is a wonderful father, husband and friend and all of this was so clearly shown last week when I was sick.

I don't know if most of you know this or not, but mommas don't get sick days. We don't get a break-- it doesn't matter how sick we are.

Well, last week I was the sickest I have been, other than the Swine Flu, in years, and this even rivaled the Swine Flu. Monday night it hit and my temperature skyrocketed to 102. I was getting violently ill and could barely hold myself up to walk.

My sweet husband stepped in and took charge. He rushed me to the doctor, got me checked out and sent home. Then he went to Walgreens (all the while he had called in help for the baby so I was baby free) and got my medicine and a Sprite that I had requested. He then proceeded to stay home from work the next day and a half all to dote on me. He even came in and checked on me while I was sleeping because I was so dead to the world. I did not even know this until he made a comment about it in passing and I thought, that is the sweetest thing ever.

None of this may sound big to you, but ask your moms if you dads ever stayed home from work to take care of her and the kids. I am doubting that answer is no. Most dads don't have the time or think that moms are superheroes and can always handle it all.

Well, I definitely couldn't have handled a 3 month old for those 3 days and I am so grateful to have had my sweet husband there for the rescue.

This is just one of the many things, but to me this just exemplified his loving spirit the best.

So, thanks hubby, today and everyday I am going to celebrate being thankful for you in my life.

No comments: