Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

And the thanks continue

So, since I am a mom, I am obviously lame, right? At least that's what the kid in the car commercials has me believing. So to go along with my lameness I am now a lame tv show watcher, and on the top of my lame mom tv show list that I watch is Dr. Phil.

Yesterday's topic was "Mommy  Confessions" and it reminded me of something I was already thankful of, but it just showed me how thankful I truly should be for this special person- my mom.
Mom & me at the Paula Deen event a couple 
of years ago

Mom has always been my best friend, so this should really come as no surprise as anyone who knows me that I am dedicating one of my thankful posts to her.

Yesterday's Dr. Phil was just an eye opener though. He had some horrendous mothers on the show and there seemed to be a common theme among them- they each had horrible mothers as well.

So, not only am I grateful for the wonderful mother I have, but as a mother now myself I am even more grateful because I hope that I can use her as a role model and be just as wonderful of a mother to Caleb and any future little ones.

But, why, you may ask, is my momma so wonderful? I couldn't ever express is words all of the great qualities of Mom, but I can tell you that she listens to everything, no matter the time, no matter the topic and no matter what she is doing. She is always there for you, even if you are on a far away island and it's the wee hours of the morning for her, she is going to listen and do her best to help whatever the situation.

She is a great role model as far as a faithful and loving wife goes as well. She is also one of the strongest Christian women I know and always seems to be serving someone is some manner- even if it's just keeping sweet little Annabelle. Hey, no one said that grandparents are required to give up their lives and watch the grandkids. Sure they may enjoy being with the little ones, but trust me it's a big sacrifice.

She's a whole lot more, but basically she's my mom and I am so thankful for that!

No comments: