Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Domo Arigato Mr. Daddio

I know, I know, it's pretty cliche to write a blog about my mom and then about my dad, but it's true I am thankful for them both so very much and honestly could not have asked for a better set of parents (another cliche I know, but would I lie to you? I think not).

Hugging Dad before leaving our reception
 While Mom has always been my best friend, I am also very much a Daddy's girl. Dad has always been very busy with work but  never once that I can remember did he miss out on important things in his children's lives.

He was my date to the daddy/daughter square dance with Girl Scouts all those years ago, my number one fan at my boring swim meets and always my coach in softball. I would say for a CFO who works harder than anyone I know he deserves extra points for putting in all of this time that most dads miss out on.

Fighting back the tears as he walks me down the aisle
Sure there have been times I haven't always seen eye to eye with my dad (some of these times were even brought on by his involvement with my extracurricular- cough, cough- softball- cough, cough) but we always seem to get past our differences.

Now watching him as a "Papa J" is even cooler. He can't wait to teach Caleb how to fish (NEWSFLASH Dad, you may want to learn how to fish first :) ) and I know he will wear out all of the same jokes that my Grandpa Ehrhart told me, and I can't wait. I know he will be just as great of a Papa as he is my Daddy, and even though I'm a mom now, it's always comforting to know I'll always be his brown eyed girl.

No comments: