Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Perfecting the Waddle

Well, according to my ticker at the top of the page I only have about 25 days to go, if the lil man arrives on his due date. However, I have my fingers crossed that he'll be a little earlier-- as long as he is healthy-- because this kid has dropped and he has me waddling everywhere I go now.

As we know, per Dr. Marino's lovely description of my "good sized kid", Caleb' is not exactly the smallest of babies. Now that he has dropped I am feeling just how "good sized" he is. I have carried low the entire pregnancy but now the kid is practically hanging out at my knees and my lower back is feeling it.

While it's not excruciating, it's not pleasant. Thus I am asking for the early reprieve. I have also been having contractions more regularly, but as the docs say and the trusty What to Expect When You're Expecting book, that doesn't mean crud for first time mommas. The baby could drop anywhere from 2-4 weeks before delivery and contractions could start at 30 weeks and you could still go full term.

So while these little signs aren't exactly the golden ticket to knowing I am going into labor soon, at least they are a sign that things are progressing ever so slowly.

1 comment:

Erica B said...

You should post a pregnancy pic! Take a couple Tablespoons of Castor Oil. It will give you diahrea a couple hours later, which can send you into labor. I took 4 Tablespoons (I recommend NOT taking that many) the night before my water broke. Coincidence??? I will never know :)