Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

D-Day = T minus 1 month!

So we went in for the 36 week check-up today. I just knew there was going to be some progress..... nope not a darn thing.

We are no longer seeing Dr. Hensarling since she is set to deliver in two weeks, so we went to Dr.Marino today the other young doctor. He measured my belly then felt around on it to feel Caleb and literally said, "Well, don't know if you know this, but that is a pretty good size baby you got there."

Thanks, dude. I know. I have been told the whole time, except the very very beginning when he was measuring small for the first 6 weeks, that he was a big boy. I don't want to hear it anymore or I am going to have nightmares of birthing watermelons the size of Duke for the next month.

Anyway, he thought maybe there would be some progress, and got my hopes all up, but alas there was nothing.

So that's the big news for today, that and that the official due date is one month from today. Fingers crossed the little man isn't as stubborn as his mom and dad and maybe decides to debut a little early because I am miserable.

Not miserable in that I am huge and immobile and just bitter, but miserable in that I sit in this dang house all day with nothing to do because it is too hot outside for a big ol' preggo lady. I miss walking outside with Duke and I miss class. That is sad.

Selfishly, I am also hoping for an early arrival so that I have more time to get acclimated before school starts. One, I need to get used to the whole baby depending on me for everything. Two, I want to be healed and able to walk and work out by the time school starts. I have only gained 22.5- 23 lbs so far, but those are 22.5 or 23 lbs that I am ready to shed asap. Hey, you try being 24 on a college campus that Playboy time and time again says has the prettiest girls, and you tell me those size 0's and 2's aren't enough to make you want to skip a meal or ten.

Other than the boredom I think I have nested all I can nest. There is one slight glitch, however. The glider and storage ottoman we ordered from Premier Fabrics in Germantown is back ordered. Seriously, I didn't pay what I did to not have this on time, especially when I was given a very latest finish date of next Friday. This is not cool people, not cool at all.

I need to find some way to get some more color into his room as well. Maybe I should have painted the walls, I just didn't feel like the hassle. Although our neighbor, Rick, who owns his own painting business has offered to do it for free, but I feel like it's a little late in the game to be picking out paint colors and embarking on all of that now.

I also can't hang everything until we have the glider because I don't know how everything will fit together so that is another issue I am running into.

Can you tell I am bored? I am rambling like a mad woman.

I guess I'll stop.

Maybe I'll go to the pool, it's not as hot today, but most likely I won't. I am going to go walk in the old coliseum at 4. That will eat some time. But not enough. If you have any cures for boredom send them and send them fast. My patience ship is slowly sinking.

1 comment:

Erica B said...

When I was pregnant, I was due in September and got kind of miserable towards the end due to the heat. I learned a new hobby that was for indoors only, which was cake decorating. I really enjoyed it because it took a long time, kept me busy, and then I would eat (and share) my creation. Probably not the healthiest, but it is a time passer.

Also, if you didn't want to paint the whole room, but wanted to add some color, you could get a few canvases from a hobby store and paint what you want on them that involve the nursery colors or boy colors or whatever you choose. I am not good at drawing or painting pictures, so if it were me, I would paint them solid and either sponge another color over them or add some abtract paint brush swoops and then hang them around the room or in a grouping. Just a suggestion AND it would be a time filler :)