Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Luxuriating at the Lundy Chase Pool

Curious about the title? Well, no worries, that's just my word of the week after watching TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras (hey, cut me some slack, I am seriously bored so I just have my tivo set to record any and every show that might speed my days up some while I sit inside these walls). So anyway, this week there were 3 fams, as always, and one was a family from Loganville, GA. Well, not to take away from the family, because the little girl was just lovely, but let's just say the
mom was a bit different and she had a word she used all the time- luxuriating.

So anyway, she would throw that word out all the time. She would tell her daughter to "luxuriate across the stage" "luxuriate in her beauty" etc. etc. Never once did she describe what the word meant and by her various and sundry uses, context clues did not help.

Anyway, come to find out, it is a real word. But the mom definitely didn't use it correctly per dictionary.com and neither am I going to. I like that she made it her own and so shall I-- ha!

So, I have adopted the word luxuriate and for me it means to relax in a luxurious way. Not that our neighborhood pool is luxurious, but it is relaxing, and when you're 36 weeks pregnant, it's not going to get much more luxurious than the neighborhood pool.

So, that's what I've been doing this week. I've been luxuriating.

I now am the proud sporter of some wickedly awesome tanlines.

Due to the fact that I was too practical- or cheap as some might view it :)- to invest in a maternity swimsuit, I only really have 2 suits to choose from. They are each non maternity tankini tops and regular bottoms. Well, they each still fit, but one is longer so it covers more of the bulbous baby belly I am toting around, so I wear it more. It just so happens that this suit also has much thicker straps and, man oh man, if I don't have the worse white stripes running around my neck and down to the top of my chest. Not to mention how white my belly is compared to the rest of me as well. Oh yes, and then there is the fact that I am two-toned.

My front is tanner than my back because I can't lay on my belly. Let's face it, it's just not going to happen. You try balancing all of your weight on a basketball and lying there for an extended period of time. Oh yes and also consider this so-called basketball is the most precious thing in the world to you and it is constantly moving.

Yeah, not laughing so hard now, are ya? It just can't be done. Preggo women were not meant to be evenly tanned.

So for now I will embrace my multicolored bod, and continue luxuriating at the pool- aka trying to sweat Caleb out- until the time comes for my handsome man to arrive!

No comments: