Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So, it has been a while since I last blogged, and that might be the understatement of the century. I apologize. I even started a blog a couple of weeks ago and just never published it, and now it wouldn’t make since.

So, let’s do a REAL quick catch up. School’s out. I finished with a 4.0 and am now on to my internship, my final step before the big graduation in August. Daniel passed his preliminary dissertation—which is huge! This keeps him on track to becoming Dr. Daniel by Christmas 2012.

Also, now that I am working 40 hours a week, Caleb is at home with a nanny. He continues to go to our church Monday through Thursday in the morning, then goes home with Chelsea, his new bud. Chelsea is a graduating senior that is a member of my old sorority. So, obviously we could trust her, right? Just kidding, but seriously, she was recommended by her roommate who was in my class, and she happens to be an HDFS major which is perfect for this kind of job. Unfortunately, Daniel gets home a good hour before me, so I don’t get to see her much and will not get to know her as well as I would like, but judging by Caleb, I’d say she is doing a marvelous job.

However, on that note, leaving Caleb has by far been the worst part of this job. I thought it would take a while to hit me, but I was in my third day of work and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I sat in his room that night just rocking him and rocking him long past when he was asleep, just so I could hold my sweet baby. It was like my dad said, we had been together for the past 10 months, and 9 months before that if you want to get technical.

I miss that little guy, plain and simple. But, I will say it makes my time with him that much sweeter.

Nonetheless, it makes me question being a working mom. I just don't know that it's the right move for my family and me. It works for some moms and it works great, but I am starting to feel I need to be home with my babies :). We'll see, I am praying for a part time job come the fall. I think that would be ideal, but God always seems to have a plan that is not necessarily what I expected, so until I find out I guess I will just be a waiting and willing subject to do as He sees fit.

No comments: