Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm baaaack

Holy long blog sabbatical. If you read my previous post it seems that my absence in the blog world is a theme on here, but maybe one day I'll get my stuff together and that will change. Sadly enough, I have 12 drafts between this post and the last that I guess I just never finished and posted and really, why finish them now? Let's just turn the page and start new.

Since we're getting reacquainted, time to really bust out the big news. We're expecting number 2 any day now --and I mean any day. It is currently 5:15 Saturday evening and if he isn't here by Tuesday at 7 a.m. we'll be checking in for yet another induction.

Caleb is now two and I'm not sure how he feels about this whole baby brother business. I guess we will find out soon enough. I am obviously biased, but the child is such a wonderful young boy. He is extremely verbal and knows all his colors, ABC's, can count and more. He has been doing all of this for a while now, but is very reluctant to work with me on shapes. I know it'll come.

Us with our sweet boys (boy in the bump included). I am on Daniel's computer so excuse the lack of pictures, most are stored on mine. This was 3 months ago at the beach.

I am now a stay at home momma full time and while it's wonderful and I definitely would not change it, it is exhausting and teaches you to appreciate your own momma that much more. I finished up my internship with Auburn last July, graduated, then later continued on working with Auburn in COSAM doing communications. However, when we found out about this little blessing we agreed it was time that I just went ahead and focused on the family. I wrapped up my time at AU in April. I miss it and the wonderful people, but wouldn't trade all of the memories Caleb and I have been able to make because of the choice to be at home.

Daniel has just put the finishing touches on draft one of his dissertation and will be defending in November. He has been making his rounds on the interview circuit and has received some great opportunities, but we are still weighing our options and what is best for us and the boys. Our plan at the moment is to be moving from Auburn in the end of November/beginning of December. The house is on the market and while we have had two offers, neither have been right for us yet and we are trusting in God's plan to get the right family paired up with us to enjoy this house as much as we have.

That's about the summary of life at our house right now. I know this was a dull post, but it's easier to get back in it if I can catch you up now and get back to fun topic focused posts later. Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

Mom comes tomorrow, then it's baby popping time, so it'll probably be post baby before I'm back.

No comments: