Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lovely Little Laugh

Caleb has been smiling  in happiness, not just random gas smiles or baby smiles, but full fledged I like you, or this makes me happy smiles since he was about 4 weeks old. For the past month or so since he has started getting really vocal he has also laughed. When he has laughed it has just been a little laugh and a big ol' smile until today.

Today we were sitting in the nursery after some tummy and back time working on our rolling over... he's got tummy to back down  like a pro and is almost just as good at back to bell but not quite yet-- I am so proud of my chunky 3 month old (14 lbs 12 oz as of yesterday). Anyway, when we got done with our "workout" the little guy was tired, so I took him in the nursery and was rocking him and reading some books.

I thought for sure he was going to fall asleep but he didn't so I propped him up on my legs facing me and just started talking to him. One thing led to another, and I found myself making up songs and being weird (I know shocker, right?). Well, as I was singing and taking my hands and tapping Caleb's sweet cheeks, he just let out the heartiest laugh. I teared up (I am telling you, motherhood has made me lamer than lame). I just kept doing this silly song and tapping his cheeks and my little buddy just kept laughing. It was such a sweet, sweet sound.



These are just some pictures from today. I know on the third you can see dog hair, normally I would be too embarrassed to share this, but I sweep and swiffer daily and brush the dog and nothing seems to keep the hair at bay... any suggestions?

Oh well, I guess there are worse things.

Well, it is crazy to think how much he has already changed in 14 quick weeks. God is such a masterful creator. I thank Him daily for this little guy and everyone else in my life, and now I'll be thanking Him for that sweet laugh too. Hope you guys all get a good laugh today!

No comments: