Little Sweet P!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

November 2008- Thanksgiving at the Horns!!!!

It was holiday season again and we were going to be spending our first Thanksgiving sans family, so we decided to have all of the island orphans over to la casa de los Horns. It was a lot of work. I cooked two 15 pound turkeys, a ham, for my boy of course, his grandmother's chicken dressing (disclaimer: I am not sure it turned out right but I just did as I was told..it was interesting to say the least) and lots of other goodies. Other people brought their own Thanksgiving faves as well. In the end we could have probably fed double the amount that came, but it was a lot of fun and taught me that I never want to cook for 20 again, haha!
the ham and me without makeup... YIKES!
just some of the spread

more including Beth's homemade stuffing and Caitlin's mashed potatoes


A few desserts

the gang

Caitlin and me... and my earrings that were lost the next month in Vegas

Mary and me

Coenen enjoying a turkey leg

Kyle and the McNauskases

No comments: